Leadership for a Changing North Dakota
District 24 Platform
We support local property tax relief
- Instead of giving tax cuts to corporations and big oil companies, North Dakota needs to provide local property tax relief. Last session the GOP legislature gave big oil a 23% permanent cut to the oil extraction tax. This is costing North Dakota millions.
We support smart budget choices
- We need easily available mental health counseling. Currently District 24 does not have even one full time addiction counselor. Too often defendants are sentenced to prison as a way to connect them with mental health or addiction services, clogging our jails and costing millions.
- Maintain and improve our roads and bridges, as well as local flood control
- Uphold veteran and senior programs
We support making education a priority
- An educated citizenry is the backbone of our democracy. We support universal access to pre-kindergarten education, adequate funding for K-12 education, and high quality affordable higher education.
Whether it’s knocking doors, making phone calls, or hosting events for local and statewide candidates, District 24 is stronger with volunteers.
Can we count on you to support progress and help get Democrats elected in North Dakota?